Postgraduate Diploma in Finance Management
Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€6,125 refund on this course
This programme is designed to help you advance your career in management within banks and other financial firms.
Combining theoretical evidence with an empirical point of view, this programme will enable you to be more efficient and effective in your day-to-day decision-making within the financial sector.
There is also an emphasis on the current legislations and regulations, both from an EU perspective as well as from a local perspective where applicable.
You can also tailor the programme to reflect your particular interests or career aspirations by specialising in one of three areas: Banking, Corporate Finance or Financial Analysis.
Candidates who apply must be in possession of at least one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma in a discipline related to finance or equivalent, and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role within the sector.
Preference is given to applicants having a Level 6 degree in a discipline related to finance and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector.
The course is targeted at:
- professionals seeking a career in the financial services industry;
- professionals already working in finance who are aiming to move into banking, corporate finance, financial analysis and/or investment/portfolio management.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include, but are not limited to:
- financial analyst
- senior finance manager
- finance director
- chief financial officer
- risk manager
- portfolio manager
- investment manager
- fund manager
- compliance manager
Complete all modules to get your qualification
If you stop here, you will get:
Postgraduate Certificate in Finance Management
Don’t stop now! Go for that Master’s Degree 🚀
Specialisation in Banking
Specialisation in Corporate Finance
Specialisation in Financial Analysis
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module,
- comprising asynchronous online discussions,
tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
The learner will be able to:
1. Assess critically the financial environment within which organisations must operate.
2. Apply the investment performance measures in order to assess asset allocation.
3. Gain in-depth analysis of the economic principles.
4. Assess and evaluate the importance of financial law and the legal and institutional requirements for an efficient financial market in theory and in practice within the EU.
5. Critically analyse the different types of risks and recommend strategies to mitigate these risks.
6. Navigate the theoretical relationships found in financial and economic textbooks and examine how to apply these empirically with the use of mathematical and statistical tools.
See what students have to say about our courses
I learnt a lot from my lectures at IDEA Academy. I very much recommend IDEA Academy – help is found every time you need it and they are flexible, especially towards part-time students such as as myself. My message to prospective students is that it is never too late to start or continue studying.
M.Sc. in Healthcare Management and Leadership