Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€6,125 refund on this course
This programme is designed to fast-track your career progression within the vibrant discipline that is project management. Project management is crucial to all industries, ranging from construction and civil engineering, to aviation, healthcare and ICT, amongst others.
The theme underpinning this study programme centres on how to successfully achieve a project’s deliverables within the constraints of time, cost and quality.
This programme will teach you both the theoretical constructs of project management, as well as the critical skills you will need in order to pursue a rewarding career in project management.
Candidates who apply for this course must possess one of the following:
- a Level 6 degree in a related field;
- a Level 5 diploma or higher diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Preference is given to applicants having a level 6 degree in a discipline related to project management and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in project supervision or/and general management within the sector.
The programme is targeted at:
- industry professionals working in different project-rich domains including, but not limited, to: construction, technology, engineering, finance, banking, management, marketing, gaming, healthcare, arts, education or any other sector where project management is being applied;
- individuals seeking academic and professional advancement in project management;
- mid-career-break professionals looking for opportunities to return to or change their career.
The possible positions for which this programme aims to prepare you for include:
- project manager/leader
- project director
- project consultant
You are required to complete all 2 compulsory modules and 3 electives (30 ECTS) to fulfil the requirements of this postgraduate diploma.
If you stop here, you will get:
Postgraduate Certificate in Project Management
Don’t stop now! Go for that Master’s Degree 🚀
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
- 6 lectures per module;
- 3-hour lectures (evening);
- 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.
Course Intake Dates
The learner will be able to:
1. Critically apply Project Management tools and techniques to administer and manage a variety of projects in a multi-project organisational environment
2. Critically apply Project Management techniques to build a transformational and transactional leadership mind set in implementing undertaken projects.
3. Categorise various project costs in terms of labour, materials, equipment, and overheads to compose and evaluate the project cost structure.
4. Critically appraise the project risk management model and associated processes for the identification and assessment of project risk and prepare the corresponding risk response strategy to formulate the project risk management plan.
5. Critically appraise and manage the various steps in the procurement management life cycles related to the requirement, requisition, solicitation, and award phases.
6. Navigate the latest emerging tools and techniques related to Project Management in a modern environment.
7. Carry out research within the specialised field and develop the ability to criticize the research of other authors.
8. Communicate the knowledge acquired from research to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
The road is rough and bumpy, but the satisfaction at the end of the journey is priceless. IDEA Academy administration, staff and lecturers made it feel more effortless than it looks. Success isn’t easy, but if you believe you can achieve it. No words can explain my gratitude for all the help and motivation provided throughout the course. It’s never too late to enrich your academic portfolio.
M.Sc. in Governance and Management