Get 70% back via Tax Credit
€6,125 refund on this course
This programme is designed for those looking to focus and expand their knowledge in insurance and pensions. The programme gives students the opportunity to obtain an in-depth understanding of the industry and its operations. Furthermore, this programme gives students a competitive edge since it exposes them to additional knowledge relating to disruptive technologies, artificial intelligence, and digital transformation processes (with attention to prototyping, business modelling, and venture innovation) which have grown to become important within the insurance industry.
The programme is apt for those who have successfully achieved the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Insurance Studies with IDEA Academy, an Advanced Diploma from the Chartered Insurance Institute, and other relevant insurance or related qualifications. It is also ideal for those who have been working professionally in the industry for a number of years and would like to substantiate their knowledge through a recognised qualification and/or are looking to move ahead in their careers.
Students will be exposed to both theory and practical application of the relevant areas of study with the aim of providing them with the tools necessary to function within managerial and c-level roles within the industry.
During its final year, the programme also requires students to apply the knowledge obtained and undertake detailed research in a relevant area of their interest, resulting in a dissertation.
Candidates who apply for this course will hold a:
- Level 6 Degree related to one of the following areas: Insurance, Finance, Risk Management and/or any other area deemed relevant and approved by the Admissions board or an Advanced Diploma from the Chartered Insurance Institute or any other related qualification
- Level 6 degree not related to Insurance, Finance and/or Risk Management and a minimum of two years relevant experience
- Level 5 Diploma or Higher Diploma and 4 years’ work experience preferably in a position related to the subject area of this programme
In the case of mature students who do not possess all the formal required academic qualifications, then the RPL process could be applied such that if evidence of equivalent learning is found then the applicant could still be accepted in the course. Such RPL process will subject applicants to an interview held with a board of experts within the field, chosen specifically by IDEA Academy, so as to verify their experiences and prior learning.
Students whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate English language capability at IELTS level 6.0 or equivalent.
- People seeking for academic advancement within this area of study.
- Individuals who have been working professionally in the industry for a number of years and would like to substantiate their knowledge through a recognised qualification and/or are looking to move ahead in their careers.
The programme prepares for positions such as and not limited to:
- Claims: Claims Handler, Surveyor, Claims Senior Executives
- Insurance Compliance Officer
- Insurance Advisor
- Insurance Business Analyst / Consultant.
- Insurance Operations Senior Executives.
- Insurance Product and Business Development Senior Executives.
- Risk Management Senior Executives.
- Underwriting Senior Executives.
- Anti-Money Laundering Managers.
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer and their deputies and managers with responsibilities for internal AML controls.
You are required to complete all 9 compulsory modules (60 ECTS) to fulfil to the requirements of this postgraduate diploma.
If you stop here, you will get:
Postgraduate Certificate in Insurance Studies
Don’t stop now! Go for that Bachelor's Degree 🚀
Digital Transformation, Prototyping, Business Modelling, and Venture Innovation
🏁 Amazing! You’ve just achieved your Postgraduate Diploma.
Postgraduate Diploma in Insurance Studies
Why stop here? Carry on your education with a M.Sc. in Insurance Studies🚀
How you’ll be assessed
The method of assessment is assignment-based.
The course comprises:
• 6 lectures per module;
• 3-hour lectures (evening);
• 12 hours of online content per module, comprising asynchronous online discussions, tutorials and/or videos.